It is nice to meet you!
I grew up in a charming and very cultural city in Poland, Wrocław. This is also where I began my higher education – by obtaining a Master degree in Psychology in 2009 at the University of Wrocław. During my studies I participated in many external courses and stayed one year in Cardiff, Wales, where I was a student of University of Wales Institute, Cardiff.
Then, like many expacts living in Brussels, I followed my second half to Belgium. After having learnt French, I continued my education by completing a 3-year-programme of Integrative Psychotherapy at Université Catholique de Louvain-la-Neuve.
I work in three languages- Polish, English and French– with Dutch on its way. I choose empirically – based methods which are in other words techniques that were scientifically proved to be efficient. Together with my clients, we try to understand the underlying processes of their problems and we tailor an individual treatment plan. I put a great emphasis on creating a healing therapeutic relationship with clients.
- 09/2011 – 06/2014 – Université Catholique de Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium): Psychotherapy
- 09/2008 – 06/2009 – University of Wales Institute, Cardiff (United Kingdom): Psychology; i.a. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Motivational Interviewing courses
- 10/2004 – 06/2009 – University of Wrocław (Poland): Master of Arts in Psychology; extended courses of Couple Therapy, Family Diagnosis and Therapy
- 10/2013 – founding Psybrussels, starting my own practice: psychotherapy of adults, teenagers, children, couples and families
- 03/2010 – 03/2015 – Roots and Wings Preschool and Primary: monitoring and supporting proper development of children; the Mindfulness workshops, social and emotional skills trainings; support for the parents
- 02/2011 – 06/2013 – Polish Centre of Information and Consultation in Brussels: individual psychotherapy for children, teenagers and adults; couples, family therapy
- 02/2011 – 06/2012 – Polish Preschool in Brussels: psychological support for children with problems with adaptation, functioning in a group; support for the parents
- 07/2011 – Regional Specialised Hospital for Mental Illnesses in Cibórz, Poland: clinical evaluation and psychological support for patients
- 10/2007 – 03/2008 – Educational Psychologist Office No. IV in Wrocław: diagnosis and psychological support for children presenting cognitive, emotional and behavioural difficulties
- 09/2007 – therapeutic camp organized by “Mówić bez słów” Association: multidisciplinary diagnosis and psychological support for the children with delayed speech development and their parents
- 04/2009 – Crisis Intervention Training; diagnosis and psychological support in cases of domestic violence, sexual violence, suicide attempts
- 02-06/2008 – Self-Development Training; interpersonal skills training, coaching, team-building
- 11/2007 – “Neuropsychological diagnosis of ADHD”; detection and therapy of children with ADHD, psychological support of their parents